Tuesday 25 May 2021

Two Cards Featuring Cupcakes




This month at Twofer Card Challenge

I am nearly to the deadline for my post... one got slightly distracted finishing my latest afghan square instead of completing my second card.....!!!
I've made a Birthday card and an Invitation... here in Australia it is the Cancer Council Big Morning Tea event so hence my card.



Stamped and silver heat embossed my Cupcake on matt silver card so I could fussy cut out the patty paper and then again in blue and pink glitter card and clear embossed for the cupcake icing....then I glued on some micro beads on matching colours.  In my stash I found this cupcake designer paper, lucky it was similar colours to my cupcakes but a bit short so I attached a strip of the pink glitter card.  To finish I added a die cut sentiment cut from aqua metallic card and attached the panel to a white card.


\

On my desk I had this white dry embossed panel and thought to use it for my card front.. stamped on the sentiments and small pink cancer ribbon and watercoloured the embossed sections with Pink Distress Ink.  Stamped and fussy cut the cupcake and covered the top with texture paste and then lots of glitter and coloured the patty paper pink.  Stamped and fussy cut the cancer ribbon and coloured that too with pink Distress Ink and attached the cake with foam tape, and then the panel to a pink card.


Thanks for visiting... have a Wonderful Creative day... cheers

Card 1 Recipe 
Stamps:  Crafter's Companion - Bebunni Birthday Wishes (cupcake)
Dies: Curly Sue - Happy Birthday
Inks:  Versafine - smokey grey
Other:  silver embossing powder,  glitter card, micro beads, metallic card

Card 2 Recipe 
Stamps:  Crafter's Companion - Bebunni Birthday Wishes (cupcake), Kaisercraft - Mini Invitation set, Flourishes - Think Pink set
Dies:  
Inks:  Versafine - black, Distress Ink - Kitsch flamingo
Other:   Ranger -Gloss Texture Paste, glitter, QuicKutz Embossing Folder - Frame

7 comments:

  1. You have created super nice cupcake Twofer, Robyn. Birthday card is fabulous with all glitter you put on the cupcakes. Great idea how "to solve" card if the snippet of patterned paper is to short. I am also impressed of invitation. Great card. Perfect CAS woth all data needed. Thank you for playing with us at TCC #38. Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Robyn, these are magnificent. loving all the shimmer and shine on both cards
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cupcake cards Robyn!! Love all the sparkle and shimmer on your birthday card, and great idea to add the strip of glitter cs down at the bottom of your "short" piece of dsp...a perfect finishing touch that looks like you totally meant it to be a part of your design all along!! And how pretty is your invitation card all done in pinks?! LOVE it!! Thanks so much for sharing both these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge! Hugs, Marcia :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are very pretty - it's always a pleasure when you can do something that helps a good cause. I love the "Happy Birthday " in foil.
    Another wonderful crochet granny square. You should have enough squares to complete your afghan.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cupcakes are so realistic that I want to dip my fingers in the icing on all of them! Two awesome designs, Robyn! Thanks for sharing them with us at The Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at schparkle and glitter and shine with your cupcake designs, Robyn! I love the cupcake pp and festive colors of your birthday card and the amazing texture of your pink cupcake on your invitation to such a worthwhile event! Thank you for playing in Twofer #38! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy looking cupcake cards Robyn! Love that sweet cupcake paper on your first card. The aqua metallic card used for cutting the sentiment is really beautiful! Love how you've picked up the two colours to create your glittery cupcakes. The second is so delicate with all the pink. The texture on the frosting makes it look so delicious! Great work Robyn! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn