Wednesday 27 October 2021

Sparkle

 Oh yes!!!  the Christmas cards are rolling off my desk this week - well one at a time and I really enjoyed making this one for the Let's Squash It!  challenge #13 - Double Emboss.


  • Inked the Christmas EF on the raised side with Versamark
  • and off through the Cuttlebug
  • Sprinkled on the Gold embossing powder and then carefully removed most of the unwanted powder with fine paint brush.... and as you can see it got everywhere, but I really like the finished effect ....  heated it then of course and the embossing is in the impressed areas
  • Watercoloured the ornaments with Distress Inks - wilted violet, candied apple, lucky clover, blueprint sketch, mustard seed, carved pumpkin, twisted citron
  • Trimmed and attached to a red card
  • and finished with a die cut "Sparkle" sentiment in shine gold card... (cut this die from a friends stash)


                
This is the  Sizzix 3D embossing folder I used.. Retro Ornaments


Thanks for stopping by my blog -  have a Wonderful Creative day,
Cheers Robyn




A Mermaid Market bag I finished recently
And a view of my night garden... thanks to the lovely garden lights I received for my birthday, looks much nicer in real life

4 comments:

  1. This is drop dead gorgeous! I think one of the first cards I saw that you did was a Christmas card. Really Robyn this is a fabulous card - you really are very talented. I also think I will try this - dog gone it, there are so many things I say I am going to try.
    I best start blocking the rug I made for my youngest granddaughter before I start something new. I think your Mermaid Market bag looks great - don't know how it would look for real cause it sure looks good in this picture.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific card, Robyn! I love this - it's so elegant. I really like your bag too. Perfect for market shopping. You are a talented lady. Thanks for Squashing It! with us, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous ornament card - love all the gold, Robyn!! Cool bag too and what a pretty garden under the lights!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, ooh, ooh, so pretty!!! Love the gold embossing and beautiful colours on the ornaments. Wonderful card and thanks for sharing the night garden. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn