Thursday 26 October 2023

October card making...

Well after visitors had returned home my head seems to be in another space, and I'm waiting to feel life is back to normal...  but I did manage to finish a few cards in my UFO pile. 

These two evolved after I die cut a few of these Sizzix Daisies from the Wildflower Stems #1 set.   Just watercoloured them and mounted the purple ones on pretty patterned paper and stamped and gold embossed the sentiment.  The pink one was attached to an embossed white card with lightly smooched Distress Oxide ink and a silver embossed sentiment.

Next three cards came about because a friend in a card swap sent me the die cut flowers.  Blue one was just attached to a stamped sentiment.  For the Aqua (center) one I used a white embossed panel and two layered die cut sentiment.  And the last was attached to a background piece using the Faded Water Stenciling technique and a simple stamped sentiment.


Of course I haven't been idle with my crochet hook either....

Here is my latest project ... Flight of Fancy by Polly Plum... 6 weeks done and I have all those ends sewn in and waiting now for the pattern for the border.


Thanks for stopping by my blog... have a Wonderful day,  cheers Robyn

3 comments:

  1. Such beautiful cards Robyn - loving the embossed backgrounds behind the die cut flowers.
    Your crochet blanket is stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you can relax now after having your visitors. Love all these cards and your crochet is fabulous. Looking forward to seeing the finished article xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy!! Gorgeous cards using the daisies. LOVE the designs and texture of your backgrounds to show them off. Aren't crafting friends wonderful. How lovely to receive these beautiful die-cut flowers. You've made good use of them Robyn ... three gorgeous cards! Great work with your crocheting. Amazing that you finished this in 6 weeks. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn