Wednesday 10 July 2024

A Trio of Cards featuring Die Cuts


Already the second week of the month and time for some Cards made using Dies... 

for Darnell's IDEAS prompt....   

I'm so glad she started this feature on her blog because it certainly has inspired me to make cards this year as well as crocheting.


Card One and I've used a very neglected Spellbinders die to create a frame... then used some vellum for my white embossed sentiment to place behind the opening and lastly matched some patterned paper to my sprig of flowers - watercoloured with distress inks.

Next for this card I had this bright Distress Oxide smooched panel on my desk and remembered this full Paper Rose die I had - so die cut it in blank card - easy peasy!!


My third card uses a Sizzix die Mixed Media set #2..  and it really looks nothing to just diecut it - so I teamed it with a background piece I had in my stash for ages and then die cut a heap of tiny flowers and added them to create a floral branch... finished with a stamped sentiment and layered onto yellow card.


Thanks heaps for stopping by my blog
have an amazing day
Cheers Robyn

Here's my latest crochet blanket Off the Hook
Mosaic in a Month by Juniper & Oakes

3 comments:

  1. A trio of delightful makes from you, Robyn! I love your range and talent and all the cards, but I have to say that Paper Rose with the bold colors just jumps off the monitor! Thank you for playing with my I.D.E.A.S. this week!📌Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful blanket, you made it very quickly and great cards. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colourful and beautiful trio of cards Robyn! All three are amazing, but I can't help but keep looking at your second card with the colourful background and black die-cut - it's STUNNING! Amazing crocheting ... that's a lot of pattern and I'm sure was challenging. Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn