Wednesday 17 July 2024

Using Embossing Folders



Been playing with my embossing folders and Distress Inks this week...  

for Darnells IDEAS prompt





For some reason I thought to embossing patterned paper and then use my inks to highlight the raised embossing... REALLY HAPPY with my result.  Layered the panel on red and green to help lift the colours and then finished with a sentiment tag from the same set of papers I used for the embossing/


My second card came about by using a smooched panel from my stash, embossing it with a little bird themed folder and the used the nearby colours to highlight the birds... to finish I add this already to use fun bird from my stash and a sentiment I think you could use for a number of occasions.

I am going to join in the Triple B challenge for July

Thanks for stopping by my blog
have a Wonderful Day
Cheers Robyn

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful results of using your embossing folders Robyn. I particularly like the bird one, that is such a delicate background and a fun bird image.
    I am so enjoying seeing the embossing folders showing up on card on blogs again - it has been inspiring me to use mine more.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas for I.D.E.A.S., Robyn! I love painting on the raised areas for more pizzazz, but I've never thought to use pp, so thank you for that and thank you for playing with me this week!📌 Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful card Robyn. I LOVE the embossed patterned paper. Adding colour to the raised design makes it stand out a LOT, but keeps the patterned background showing. So clever and creative! LOVE the soft colours of your second card with the bird. So pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn