Well .... there's a month gone flying by since I last made any cards and posted to my blog... but I must say I am very happy to be back watercolouring at my desk today..... just a visitor and life getting in the way, oh and yes some crochet and gardening.
Being the first Monday of the month and being inspired by Darnells IDEAS prompt - "I" = Inks, I got into the inking mode and stamped some holly images using Antique Linen Distress Ink and then watercolouring over the outline with more Distress Inks... the outline of the stamped image takes up the new colour - so I did well and made two cards and added gold embossed sentiments.
My third card is just inking the stamp with the green DI and then watercolouring, finishing with the gold embossed sentiment.
My next card is for the September challenge over at
CAS Christmas - Woodland Critters .... do you know how hard it is the create snowy cards and ones with 'woodland animals' - here in Australia - not much snow and our wild critters are kangaroos and possums and dingoes... anyway I managed to find a couple of cute animals to make a clean and simple card, more stamped outlines and watercolouring.
My first card is stenciled with Distress Inks
and my second is a stamp - where I used markers directly onto the stamp but then added more ink to create depth.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.... have a wonderful day, cheers Robyn

My daughter loves sunflowers and a few years ago I crocheted her this Sunflower blanket.
This is my latest crochet project
A host of lovely cards! And 2 fabulous sunflower cards Robyn and thanks for showing them in the CAS Mix Up gallery.
ReplyDeleteWhat a plethora of pretty cards here Robyn! Each one so lovely! I came to see your CAS Christmas offering - and what a sweet scene with your water colored deer and pine trees! (you should have made a card with kangaroos since those are your critters down under!!!) Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas: Woodland Critters! Julia xx
ReplyDeleteWOW! Fabulous post with lots of amazing cards, Robyn. You are making up for lost time, my friend! Your first three holly cards are gorgeous. I love the watercoloured holly sprigs ... you have brought them to life and they looks amazing next to the lovely scripty sentiments in gold. The watercolour deer fawns are so precious, and such a pretty tree behind them. This card would also work for Christmas Kickstart Challenge #114, if you'd like to enter. :) And finally two stunning sunflowers cards. Your stenciled card is lovely and bold with an off the edge design and your second card is amazing with the watercoloured blooms. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas and CAS Mix Up, my friend!! Love, Loll
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous line-up of cards! You found the perfect sweet pair of deer to share with us at CAS Christmas, thanks for playing!
ReplyDeleteWhen you get back at it you really go for it, Robyn. You've created some lovely watercolored cards for Christmas but it's those beautiful sunflowers I'm here to see. Thanks for sharing one with us at CAS Mix-Up.
ReplyDeleteLove your deer card especially.
ReplyDeleteWonderful trio of cards I love them all, especially the beautiful Sunflowers! So happy you joined us at CAS Mix Up:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a brilliant post with so many wonderful creations Robyn, and the different designs using the holly leaves are all terrific, and I love the contrast with the lovely gold sentiments. Your two sunflowers cards are beautiful with the first of the edge stencilled one, so pretty and then your straight to stamp technique with markers and spritzing to give a wonderful watercoloured effect, and finished with a lovely sentiment. Thank you for joining us over at CAS Mix Up. x
ReplyDelete