Tuesday 15 July 2014

Leave Room in Your Life

Today I'd like to thank the team at City Crafters for inviting me to a guest designer.
 The inspiration for Week 220 is to  use Chipboard
I must say I haven't made too many cards in the past with chipboard but do have some old pieces in my stash.  So I went searching and came up with more bits than I thought. I've made four totally different cards for the challenge. 
The first - a purple Friend  card was inspired by a pack of pre coloured and decorated alphabet letters. I scored the background and brayered distress inks over it then stamped a flourish corner and added a sentiment layered over a die cut flourish. 
Then I decided for the second card to colour some bare chipboard letters in distress ink colours to suit a background I created by sponging distress ink through a stencil which was then lightly spritzed with water. Stamped on the remaining sentiments, layered onto dark purple card and  added a few sequins to finish.
 Then I discovered these laser cut floral/foliage pieces and figured I would make a real mess trying to colour them so in the end  I have recycled a green packaging card, stamped on some white flowers and hand cut a white layering card piece to help them stand out and blend in the sentiment tag that was strategically placed over the brand name.  A length of ribbon under the chipboard flower, a few scattered pearls and all this was layered on some beige metallic card. 
Now in another pack I found a heap of tags and frames, so another style of card emerged.  I painted the frame with cream acrylic, stamped the sentiment on a background created with distress inks sponged direct onto waterolour card and sprayed with water. Layered this on two tones of blue onto a cream card and finished off the frame with a curly bow, flower and pearls.
PS...seems I was so inspired, I decided to decorate the front of a mini album I made last week to hold the ATCs from a recent swap at WOYWW (click here to learn more)


I have enjoyed making these cards and to see how my use of the chipboard grew as I played about, I'm sure to now use it more often. I found some more intricately laser cut pieces at a recent craft show.
Thanks for taking a peek Robyn

5 comments:

  1. WOW Robyn you are on a roll!! LOVE all your creations and so so happy to have you at CCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of loveliness with chipboard pieces Robyn, awesome creation! Thanks for being our guest this week at CCCB, so happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Robyn...your creativity is just oozing out...great cards and great use of chipboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous creations!! Love them all and that gorgeous album ... I'm so glad you are GD this week at CCCB!! Have a wonderful week dear lady

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome Robyn so many beautiful cards, Wow you outdid yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn