Monday 15 October 2018

Spring Tulips


My birthday is the end of September... which represents to me my birthstone - Sapphire, and the beginning of Spring (living in the southern hemisphere).... so my colours are rich blue for the stone and bright yellow for the season.  I stamped my tulips in weathered wood Distress Ink so the outline would be subdued.  Then watercoloured my image with Distress Inks. I used some layering to bring out the colours with yellow and white and a blue card.  Die cut my image with a circle and mounted it to a die cut lacy doiley and to finish added a ribbon bow... I left off a sentiment, so I could use the card for Any Occasion.  I am playing along with Power Poppy Power and Spark October challenge - Motifs from your Birthday.  Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful combination of colors for your birth month!! Beautiful coloring too!! So glad you joined in on the Power Poppy Power and Spark challenge this month!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn