Saturday 12 January 2019

Hello, Sunshine


A pleasant afternoon at my desk, practicing some sponging with stencils .... for the CAS Stencil January challenge... its a new challenge and if you'd like to brush up, learn some more techniques and just be inspired... pop over to CAS Stencil blog, check out the DT fabulous cards and join in.
First I was just playing with DI on scrap paper, sponged over the stencil and ended up with lots of ink on half the stencil so very lightly sprayed with water and pressed that onto white card... so  I had the outline of the sunflower... I decided to replace the stencil and sponged DO in shades of yellow and orange to fill in the flower... you can see I didn't get the stencil lined up and have a white outline - which I really like. I cut the panel down and before I attached it and the frame, I stamped on my sentiment.
Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it - happy stenciling


7 comments:

  1. This is lovely Robyn, the white outline makes the petals really pop, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully sunny card, Robyn. I like the white outlining. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful, cheerful card to bright up the day! Great framing to this partial sunflower image, Robyn. And the perfect sentiment! Looks ilke you are having lots of fun stenciling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Robyn, love the texture around that gorgeous sunflower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stenciling techniques used here Robyn - your flower is beautiful in the colors you used! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This certainly looks like sunshine! A lovely thing to see on a cold, dreary day! I love how the the stencil left the bit of white around the petals! A great way to use this stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! The definition your achieve is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn