Thursday 17 January 2019

Reach for the Stars


Well I decided to run with a different take on the 'Winter' theme at CAS Watercolour and made a male card with a football player - seeing as Aussie Rules Football is played in winter here - in the cold and the slush and the mud.  For my watercolour element I sponged Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide onto white card and then when it was dry I sponged damp baby wipes through a stencil to achieve this Bokeh effect.... the water drew the ink from the card and varying the amount got me the effect.  Then I watercoloured my footballer (from my stash) with DO ink and fussy cut him out.  To finish I stamped and embossed my sentiments and die cut one with a stitched rectangle die.  I am also playing along with Watercooler Wednesday WWC204 - Gail's Masculine "Anything Goes" challenge
Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it - happy stamping.

 

5 comments:

  1. Your bokeh background is stunning! I haven't tried it with baby wipes but the effect is lovely. And your rugged looking male athlete is just perfect for a masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the look you got using baby wipes through the stencil for your background...will have to give that a try! I admit you had me questioning the football as a Winter sport, but seeing as you live in Australia, I guess it IS a Winter sport! FABULOUS masculine card Robyn! Thanks for adding it our gallery at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bokeh background on your card, Robyn!!! I'm always on the lookout for new ways to create this look. It's the perfect background for your footballer! A great guy birthday card all around! Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the winter theme Robyn. It figures that Aussie's would play in the slush and snow! :) Great design with your beautiful bokeh background. Using the baby wipes is a great idea! And fun card with your footballer. You could also add this to CAS Mix Up if you'd like. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think using the baby wipes through the stencil for the Bokeh is a great idea, Robyn! That way the dauber doesn't pick up the blue ink and deposit it in the white ink pad like I did! Love your take on the winter theme! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn