Thursday 17 January 2019

Merry Christmas


I have been having a lot of fun this month with the Bokeh technique... and today I have another card for the CAS Mix Up January challenge.  I went really bold for my Christmas card - using three shades of red Distress Oxide ink to sponge in my background for an ombre effect.  Then using various sized die cut circles as a stencil, I sponged white, dark red and Versamark over-sponged with Brilliant Gold Pearl Ex powdered pigment.  I stamped and gold embossed my sentiment, trimmed my panel and mounted it to white card edged with gold EP, then attached to a white card.  I am also playing along with Happy Little Stampers Christmas January challenge - Anything Goes, and Addicted to Stamps and More #324 - Clean and Simple.
Elements: Bokeh technique, stamping, sponging, stencils, heat embossing, ombre effect
Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it - happy card making
ps    I am also going to share this at CAS Stencil January challenge -- Sponging.



 


15 comments:

  1. A beautiful creation Robyn and an amazing Bokeh effect! Thanks for joining in at CAS Mix Up.
    Viv
    (Guest DT January)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So dreamy with the addition of that ombre spotlight inking effect. Love the touches of gold. So Christmassy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card Robyn! Lov the red and gold bokeh. It's so fun to try this technique with different colours. I really have to use bokeh more often. Have enjoyed seeing your creative bokeh cards. Would love for you to add to CAS Stencil as well. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning Robyn, love that colour and the gold takes it to another level :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would have to be the nicest and most beautiful bokeh card I have seen. So love all the red and that gold just makes it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your card is absolutely stunning Robyn. The colour choice is fabulous and the Bokeh effect looks amazing x Glorious card, which I love x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, Robyn ! Your red Bokeh is just stunning and the touch of gold is so striking. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card Robyn, love the intensity of the reds with the gold, and the coloured bokeh looks magical! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! How gorgeous is this card with the Bokeh background! LOVE the red and gold along with the embossed gold sentiment - So beautiful Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG..Robyn, absolutely Rich and Stunning colors and Bokeh CAS designed card. I love the deep red with the added metallic gold bokeh and sentiment. Elegant framing also. Your card deserves a permanent frame and to be used as part of your Christmas decor:-) TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What elegance, Robyn! This one's going in my CASE file! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my Robyn, this card is a Royalty! What an incredible effect of depth you've given to this totally awesome Bokeh. The gold adds just the right amount of elegance to this beauty. Wow!
    TFS at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks stunning ... beautifully CAS. I love how you've created the bokeh effect using the shades of red, and the gold is the perfect finishing touch .... I LOVE it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Robyn, this card brought me to my knees. Love her, deep red so beautifully presents the bokeh technique. This is one of the most beautiful bokeh cards I've ever seen in my life.
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn