Friday 18 January 2019

Two Cards featuring Birds


Back again this year with Darnell's Twofer Card Challenge #12, the theme is Birds.... I have quite a few bird stamps so this was just a matter of selecting one.... I chose these cute birds and got busy stamping up a number of them, then fussy cutting them out....then I went scrounging in my backgrounds stash...

For my first card I found this soft smooched background - loved the colours then decided on the sentiment and two of the birds which I sponged with Distress Oxides. To finish I layered the panel on matching card as a frame onto a white card.


With my second card I found this second press stencil background and stamped my sentiment on card scrap, trimmed and sponged the edges. Then sponged one of my little birds and attached him and the sentiment with foam tape. To finish I chose matching card and used it to frame my panel.


 And then I had more birds leftover.... so of course I made a "Threefer'' card, using another background from my stash and attached it to a red card.  I sponged all my birds in different colours (DO) and found an appropriate sentiment that I stamped in a speech bubble and decided to add a birthday sentiment too. To finish I arranged the birds, used foam tape to attach a couple so I could group them.

I am also posting to Stamplorations Never Ending Anything Goes challenge - I've used the little birds from the Small Birds Set.
Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it - happy card making.


6 comments:

  1. You went right to town with your birds and they're all so cute! Love that you made them so colorful, and your backgrounds... what a great collection to have in your stash! Robyn, thanks for playing with us at the Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are amazing. All three. :-) For the Twofer Challenge you've used two fantastic backgrounds. I also like the simple scene and matching sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great "threefer" of bird cards Robyn! Your soft watercoloured background of your first card is so pretty! Great work with your stencil monoprint on the second background and the third background is colourfun and fun. All three work perfectly with those sweet birds. Adorable! Thanks for playing with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a girl after my own heart with your Threefer, Robyn! The first thing that really caught my eye with your beautiful designs was the backgrounds! WOW! How wonderful to have these works of art right at your fingertips. They worked perfectly for your wee colorful birds and I love how you finished and matted your cheerful designs!! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birds are absolutely delightful, Robyn! They are so cheerful and you've made wonderful use of those pretty backgrounds! Another for my CASE file!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are all so nicely done. You are quite the artist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn