Monday 8 April 2019

Birthday Wishes



I think you could call this a male 'Spring' card .... asked my hubby and he gave me the nod... so this is for The Male Room challenge #108 - Spring.  I'm also joining in with Pixie's Snippets Playground #349 challenge ... this stamped and embossed basket is nearing on 'ancient' - over 10 years ago I stamped a bundle of these with a borrowed stamp at a Stamp Camp a group of us Darwin Stamping girls used to hold - oh my goodness that brings back memories.
I touched up the wicker with a wash of Distress Ink and then cut a slit so I could slip in my die cut 'bluebells' -(touched the stamen up with white gel pen).  I partially impressed a stitched die for interest and to finished attached a large blue glittery sentiment and used cream card base.  Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it - happy card making.

 Snippets Playground Badge

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining us at The Male Room challenge.
    Linby x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Robyn - I can almost smell the flowers from here! Clever working there to cut the slit to tuck the flowers in. They remind me of hyacinths but are probably bluebells really - that where I got the whiff of scent from. Hyacinths are so fragrant!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Robyn. Flowers can be tricky to pull off on masculine cards, can't they? You did a good job with this one! Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn