Monday 17 June 2019

Two Cards Featuring Bees



Darnell has a fun challenge this month for the Twofer Card Challenge - theme is Bees.
I was playing around with this flower stencil, sponging a combination of yellow and orange DI for the flowers and green stems....and as usual there was ink all over the stencil so I lightly misted it with water, flipped over onto another card front - an wellllah I have 'twofer' one card fronts.


For my first panel I painted in the flower centers with some light yellow DI and a bit more green on the stems.  Then I flicked some grey spots as it was a bit stark.  I framed the panel with orange card and attached some spotty ribbon and bow. I stamped my sentiment and edge the card with yellow ink and lastly stamped two 'bees', coloured them, fussy cut and added some glitter glue to the wings and fixed one in place with foam tape.



For my second card I replaced the stencil and drew around the stencil with pencil to outline the flowers and stems.  I used a die to cut a window in white card to frame the panel.  Then in my stash I found this die cut 'Happy' and attached that along with the rest of my stamped sentiment and the other little stamped 'bee'.


 I am also posting to Stamplorations Never Ending Anything Goes challenge.
Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it - happy card making.

 Happy Flowers Stencil

3 comments:

  1. I love these happy cards, Robyn! It looks like that sweet bee likes them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting in these warm colors, Robyn! I love the artsy and flowing effect of both cards! You have a great eye for detail with your addition of ribbon and schplatters and framing! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #17! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are amazing, Robyn! The technique and the colors are both incredible. Love that bit of orange ribbon on your first card, and how you've framed the image on your second one. Naturally, I love those glittery wings on your bees! Sweet cards. Thanks so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn