Friday 19 July 2019

Happy Birthday Wishes



Another card using Alcohol Ink Lift technique, on gold metallic card this time, using two shades of green AI. Then a wadded dry baby wipe with blending solution to removed the AI... and as you can see I dabbed too much and on the card you can see I'm back to the silver metallic underneath. The AI removal was pretty rough and so I decided to use the stencil to outline the 'flowers' with white gel pen.  I trimmed the panel to fit behind a stitched  die cut frame and then stamped and gold embossed my sentiment onto a white card.  To finish I added a die cut 'happy' and some die cut leaves... and added a flower which I created with the same stencil and green AIs on photographic paper then fussy cut around it.
I am playing along with CAS Stencil July challenge , and CAS Mix Up July challenge - using Alcohol Ink Lift technique, stamping, and die cuts.
Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it - happy card making

 

10 comments:

  1. I really must try the AI Lift on metallic card Robyn, the results are spectacular. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the metallic card under the ink Robyn, the outline around the flowers is really effective too. The diecut flower is a perfect match, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a striking effect and the colour combination looks fabulous. The pretty die cut flower sets off your card to perfection x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever, Ms. Robyn! Definitely must play with AI on metallic background....your card is gorgeous. Thank you for the inspiration.
    (Guess this means I need more colors, right???)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another amazing card, Robyn! Beautiful background colors and your flowers are so pretty! I love how the white pen brings out the outlines of the flowers! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Robyn for sharing another one of your alcohol ink lift beauties. I love how your stenciled roses turned out and your colors. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous card Robyn. Great colours,and I like how you've outlined the flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool AI lift effect on gold metallic card, Robyn. Love the rich colors. The white gel pen outlines do make the roses stand out. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to use the metallic card as your base. Looks like you got a really good lift. Such a pretty and very dramatic card with the deep colours. Great work Robyn!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great experiment using the metallic card Robyn - it worked out nicely - I like how you highlighted the stencil with the white - and added the white die cut flower! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn