Sunday 20 October 2019

Winter Scene



It's kind of weird making Christmas cards with wintery snow scenes for people like me who live in a tropical climate.... but we do and here I have finished a card that has been waiting in pieces for some time... of course when I got this freebie snowflake die I had to die cut it to see how it looked and then from my stash this sky background - smooched Distress Inks - and there they sat... then recently visiting my friend for a stamping sessions I die cut some cute deer for her stash.... and they came in handy with a light sponge of brown DI, to complete my winter scene...I added some torn card for a snow drift at the bottom.
I am playing along with Christmas Kickstart challenge #21 - Woodland Creatures  .... AND ... also with The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge #58 - Anything Goes Christmas.
Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it, happy card making.

  The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge

8 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, Robyn. I love the pretty snowflake border and the delicate colouring on the background and deer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scene! This has come together beautifully! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at The Holly & The Ivy. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ TH&TI

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely scene! The frame is beautiful and I love that you put in the features on the deer. I've often considered doing that but always chickened out. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Robyn, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely scene Roby nand a great frame die! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely frame for these sweet deer, Robyn! Your smooshing makes a perfect sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely winter scene, Robyn. The snowflake frame is gorgeous with the soft, smooshed blue sky and those sweet deer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robyn, there is a certain peace and calm about this card that is charming. The sky's tone and crystal flakes are a perfect frame for dad and his fawn. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep I guess it must be weird for you but then I can't imagine sunshine and heat at Christmas either Lol! Either way your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn