Monday 20 January 2020

Happy Birthday stenciled card




Whoooopie and a big congrats to all the 
CAS Stencil team.....

Guess what??   it's 11am and my breakfast dishes are still soaking in the kitchen sink... mmmm ... naaah I'm not worried, I sat down to check my emails with a cuppa and the next thing I have a stencil and ink and sponges.... and I've made a card


It was time his NEW stencil became creative... so  on a white card panel I taped it in place and used Tattered Rose DI to sponge over the ink - softly fading out.  I took a coral colored pencil and added some depth to the droplet points and then a line of white gel pen dots, then cut the panel with a crazy stitched die, to fit the old rose coloured card.
Next from my stash I found this butterfly die cut in white card so sponged over it with the same DI and then some Ripe Persimmon on the edges... I added some white gel pen dots to the wings too and a row of tiny pearl beads to the body.  To finish I stamped the sentiment on matching card and mounted this and the butterfly with foam tape.


I am playing along with CAS Stencil January challenge - Use a New Stencil  ....  AND  ... Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge #369 ....   AND .....  The Daring Cardmaker - Something New.
Thanks for stopping by my blog --- have a Happy Day



 Snippets Playground Badge
Daring Cardmakers

Card Recipe;
Stamps: Darkroom Door - Happy Birthday set
Dies: CUTplorations - Crazy Running Double Stitched nesting rectangles, butterfly die- no idea
Inks: Distress Inks - Tattered Rose, Ripe Persimmon, Versafine - black
Other:Altenew - Flowing Drops stencil, coloured pencils, white gel pen, tiny pearl beads, gold shimmer spray

9 comments:

  1. Your Tattered Rose DI is such a beautiful soft tone for your Gorgeous Flowing Drops stenciled image. Love how you added the white dots to your stenciling and your Gorgeous die cut butterfly. Your pearls were the perfect embellishment to your butterfly. Your matching cardstock and sentiment are so beautiful too. TFS and joining us Robyn at CAS Stencil. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is stunning! I love the softness you created here and those tiny dots make a huge impact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and delicate, Robyn! Love the stenciled splash background. Your butterfly is GORGEOUS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous card Robyn! Love the softness and then the butterfly and pearls! Well worth leaving the breakfast dishes for! :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely - your background is very elegant! Thanks for sharing this with the Daring Cardmakers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and delicate ... love the stencil xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the partial fade out of your stenciling Robyn - as well as the lovely color you used! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Robyn, the colour, the white dots, that butterfly! Beautiful card, wish I could be so creative while my dishes were soaking lol! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty and delicate, Robyn! I love the fade-out effect and the white gel pen dots. I never thought of adding dots to stenciled images. Your die-cut and sponged butterfly is gorgeous with a few little pearls. Wonderful design!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn