Thursday 16 April 2020

Beautiful Reasons to be Happy


Recently I bought a couple of these large glass vases... bit big for a vase...  but I thought they'd be great as a terrarium... so I've planted them up with small plants and this one is in my craft room

So today I tried out a new technique (for me)   --  I was really inspired by Linda's card from the CAS Mix Up DT. 
I blended Crushed Olive Distress Ink over a white card panel and then stamped and gold embossed the flower.  Using a dilute bleach solution and  a paint brush to bleach the colour from the petals, then I used and orange coloured pencil around the flower centre and red gel pen on the stamen.  To finish I trimmed the panel and attached to a white card with foam sheet and stamped my sentiment on black card and white embossed it... before attaching with foam tape.


I am playing along with CAS Mix Up April challenge - Bleaching ... my elements bleaching, stamping, heat embossing.
Thanks for stopping by my blog  ---  have a Happy Day and stay safe



Card Recipe 
Stamps: Stampendous - Fresh Bloom, Kaisercraft - Rosabella (sentiment)
Dies: 
Inks: Versmark, Distress Ink - Crushed olive
Other: Bleach, gold embossing powder, white embossing powder, coloured pencils, red gel pen

8 comments:

  1. This looks amazing Robyn, I love the look of the bleached petals. The gold embossing is lovely too as are the added tiny pops of colour. Your terrarium looks great sitting in the sunny window too, stay safe, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Robyn, and I love how you used that huge vase, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Robyn! I love the vibrant colour and the bleaching worked so well! Your terrarium looks so pretty. All my indoor plants are on the way out:( They need more light, but I figure if they last 12 months , they still brought me joy and were cheaper than flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your bleached card Robyn! Using the bleach to bleach out only part of the petals was a great idea. Your flower is gorgeous! And your terrarium is awesome. Always fun to have new projects! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! This is gorgeous, Robyn! Love how you've bleached the flower and added those highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely you card is and I'm so glad that you joined us at CAS Mix Up... what a clever and pretty terrarium!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks gorgeous, I love the colour and the bleached highlights xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you brought light to the petals of this bloom. It really come to life with your technique. Beautiful, thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn