Friday 3 July 2020

Hello friend



Today I have a pretty card featuring a Protea... I love these unique flowers which come in a wide range of shapes, colours an sizes and when I found a die for these flower - just had to have it.  I cut the flower with the die and then traced around it onto white card so I could fill in the outline die... watercolouring both pieces with Distress Oxides.  In my stash I found this smooched background on pearl metallic card (not sure of the ink or colour - leftover ink from my work sheet)  and die cut it with a stitched die... then I stamped and silver embossed the sentiment and to finish found some matching blue green card to frame it and being a larger shape created the card base from white card stock.


I am playing along with the Watercooler Wednesday challenge WWC278 - Michelle's Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist.
Thanks for stopping by my blog  ---   have a Happy Day and stay safe



Card Recipe 
Stamps: Ranger - Letter it stamp set
Dies: Kaisercraft - Protea, Poppy Craft - stitched nesting rectangles
Inks: Versamark, Distress Oxides - Tattered rose, Carved pumpkin, Ripe persimmon, Shabby shutters, Mowed lawn, Distress Ink - 
Other:  silver embossing powder

4 comments:

  1. Pretty card...lovely background. We are so pleased that you joined us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous Robyn, and I love how you used the die and also coloured the background to add depth and colour.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found a perfect background for this pretty die cut flower! I enjoyed coloring the one you sent me. Maybe I'll get it posted one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever heard of that flower but yours sure is beautiful! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn