Thursday 16 July 2020

Split 3 Sweet Pea cards



Hello there today and how are your creative juices flowing... mine have been inspired by my friends Loll and Marcia with their Split 4 cards.... mine were meant to be four but as you can see I had a mishap with the stamp on one corner....    you should check out this neat technique if you haven't seen it - a great quick way to create 4 cards.

I used a Sweet Pea stamp set to stamp the four corners and then after cutting the A5 sheet down to 3 cards I used a combination of coloured pencils and Distress Ink water wash to give me three cards in different colours.

I used a dotty stamp and the red DI to add interest to the waterwashed background, and stamped and clear embossed the sentiment. Then finished off with a red card layer to frame the panel and a white card base.



To finish the purple card I flicked DI over the water coloured background, stamped the sentiment and clear embossed it and framed with a purple card.



I used the dotty stamp and grey DI to add interest to the pink water wash background, stamped and clear embossed the sentiment and framed with pink card.


I am playing along with The Flower Challenge #46 - Summer/Winter flowers.  I checked google and see that Sweet Peas (my MIL favourites) flower at different times of the year across the world and in Australia flower from Winter into Spring.
Thanks for stopping by my blog   .....    have a Happy Day and stay safe.



Card Recipe 

Stamps: Power Poppy - Sweet Memories, red card - a freebie sentiment, Kaisercraft - Fading dots, purple card - Penny Black - Every Day sentiment, pink card - PSX - Happy Birthday
Dies: 
Inks: Versamark - black, Distress Inks - Candied apple, Seedless preserves, Pickled raspberry, Shaded lilac,
Other:Coloured pencils, clear embossing powder

6 comments:

  1. I too love Sweet Peas Robyn, so I really love these gorgeous cards - well done on getting three from your sheet :) i love all the variations of colour you have used in your cards
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Three gorgeous cards using your Sweeet Pea image, Robyn! I love them in all the colour variations. Glad you enjoyed making the multiples ... it goes so fast! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robyn...your cards turned out BEAUTIFUL!! The stamp image you used is SO pretty and just perfect for the Split 4 technique! I remember my first try looking like a hot mess until I cut it into fours and then it was like WOW...it really does work! I have another set that I'll be posting probably next week using a stencil that turned out really pretty...it's definitely a new way to look at your stamps for sure! So glad you gave it a try...your cards really are SO LOVELY!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not much inspiration over here I'm afraid but my your cards are beautiful! I adore sweet peas too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three gorgeous cards, Robyn! I love your sweet peas and how each card is unique! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are pretty, love the colours.. Thanks for joinIng us at The Flower Challenge, Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn