Friday 24 July 2020

Two Cards featuring Butterflies


I'm really pushing the clock today with my Butterfly cards for the July Twofer Card Challenge #29
I used a very old wood mounted stamp to create my cards.

For my first card I teamed the stamped, white embossed and fussy cut butterfly with a background die cut that I lined with pink paper, and a lovely rose stamped image sent to me by friend Linda... because of course you see butterflies hovering around the flowers in your garden.... and especially here at the moment because all the mango trees are out in flower.
I die cut the white front panel down with a stitched die  and sponged Distress Oxide ink in pink shades over the embossed butterfly, then I added some pearl antennae as well.  To finish I stamped and silver embossed the sentiment and attached the flower and butterfly with foam tape.



With my second card, I stamped the butterfly randomly over a white card panel with Distress Ink in Tattered Rose to create a background.  Then stamped and gold embossed the butterfly and fussy cut it out.  On a scrap of matching card I stamped and gold embossed the sentiment and to finish added a matching layer to frame the panel and added a few gems for some sparkle.




I am also playing along with Penny Black Saturday July challenge - Optional Nature.
Thanks for stopping by my blog  ---   have a Happy Day and stay safe

...or Hedgie
Card Recipe 
Card 1
Stamps: Penny Black - Quiver (butterfly), Power Poppy - Simply Camellias (sentiment)
Dies: Sizzix - Mixed Media #2,CUTplorations - Crazy Running Double Stitched Nesting Rectangles.
Inks: Versamark, Distress Oxides - Worn lipstick, Victorian velvet, Seedless preserves
Other: white embossing powder, silver embossing powder

Card 2
Stamps: Penny Black - Quiver (butterfly), Chocolate Baroque - Amazing Birthday (sentiment)
Dies: 
Inks: Versamark, Distress Ink - Tattered rose
Other: gold embossing powder, gems

5 comments:

  1. That butterfly stamp is definitely a keeper, Robyn! I love that pretty die cut with the pink behind it and the beautiful rose! The field of butterflies in the background of the second card reminds me of beautiful patterned paper and the embossed butterfly looks right at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful butterfly cards Robyn! Love the bright of your white, pink and red butterfly. Gorgeous lacey background and a gorgeous flower for the butterfly to land. Your second card is fabulous with the stamped butterfly background. I rarely use Tattered Rose ink and now I'm asking myself why. This is such a beautiful colour and perfect to create a vintage look. Your butterfly die is amazing with all the gold. Great work Robyn! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robyn! These are just beautiful. I am full-out smitten with your birthday card! Those dies just pull the right toward that flower and that stunning butterfly. I love it! And your tattered rose colors of your second card really shine alongside your gold embossing. Delightful cards! Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn, these are both so elegant! Two very special cards for two very special people in your life! I love the bright pink hues with all the white on your stunning birthday card design. The silver sediment and those pearl antennae are awesome! And the more muted tones of the dusty rose on your friendship card with the gold embossing is just divine. Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #29! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous, pretty-in-pink birthday card, Robin ... lovely layering ... and the pearly antennae on that delicate butterfly is a fabulous touch! Your second card in subtle tones with gold is rich and elegant ... a wonderful way to say hello to a friend! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn