Saturday 23 January 2021

Make a Wish

 
Firstly I just had to share some pic of the tiny cute little green tree frog I spied this morning in the ferns... he's all of about 1.5cm (1/2").


I used to love Dandelions as a kid - you know pick them, blow the seeds to the wind and make a wish.
I thought some splatters could represent the scattering seeds.
I found a nice smooched background in my stash with a fine silvery sparkle to it...
and stamped on my Dandelions in black, then splattered some black ink (not very well done either and I attempted to add some tiny stems to a few of the dots) and stamped and silver embossed the sentiment.  The panel didn't stand out against the white card so I ran the edge along a blue ink pad.  To finish I attached to a white card with foam sheet.


I am playing along with CAS Mix Up January challenge - Splatters ---  Mixed media elements:  stamping, heat embossing, splatters.
Thanks for popping over, have a wonderful creative weekend  



Card Recipe 
Stamps: Happy Little Stampers - Dandelion Wishes
Dies: 
Inks: Versafine - black, Versamark, Distress Ink - Salty ocean
Other:  silver embossing powder


EDIT  -  our little frog was still there this afternoon when I brought in the washing




10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh ... that frog is so cute!! Especially love the photo of him captured later in the day with him peeking out. :) What a fun way to start your day Robyn!

    LOVE your beautiful dandelion card. The shimmer in the background is so pretty and looks awesome with the black silhouette. I think your splattering is perfect and love that you've added stems to some of them. Very creative! Also a great idea to add blue to the edge of your panel so it stands out more from the white background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous frog Robyn - I have never seen one quite that small!
    Loving your card - that dandelion image is stunning, and you are so clever to add stems to some of the splatters
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card Robyn, lovely splatters!
    And isn't your new inquisitive friend sooooo cute! Love the pics and thanks for sharing - I have never seen a frog in a tree/fern nor one so tiny! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great background for your dandelions blowing in the wind! Your splatters do make me think of seeds. How fun to find this little guy hiding in your ferns. Great pictures, Robyn! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME card Robyn and I think your splatters are perfect just the way they are...loving the little stems on some of them too! Fabulous background too for your dandelions...I used to love blowing those things all over the yard when I was a kid too! And how cute is that teeny, tiny little tree frog?! So glad you were able to capture it with your camera to share!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realise how small tree frogs could be and your pictures are amazing. I would have expected it to disappear as soon as the camera came along. Thanks for sharing it. And as for your card, I think your idea is brilliant and the splatters have worked so well. You got them in the perfect place. Love that background too, I am glad you found it in your stash. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sparkly-card, adorable tree frog and lucky you to be able to hang out your wash.....oh, that gorgeous smell......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaahhh...Love your sweet little tree frog, Robyn...we have them too, but this time of year they are hibernating. TFS your photos:-) Loved your background from your stash for your dandelion...I knew immediately what your black splatters represented. We always blew the seeds off in the wind too, but not now as an adult because now I have to pull up the weeds..lol! I do love your CAS design and your blue narrow framing too.
    So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up, my friend. Love and Hugs...nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh he's so sweet... That must have taken some spotting and what a lovely card - Loving the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautifully done Robyn...love the blues blended in the bkg.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn