And out with the embossing folders... thought I only had one tiny hearts background but I do have 3 and the one I've used today is 14x14cm (5.5x5.5")
I lightly sprayed watercolour cardstock with a pink drawing ink water mist (I mixed up) and when that was nearly dry, ran it through the Cuttlebug. Then I used the pink Distress Ink (mini) to add colour and depth to the raised pattern (I cut out one of the disaster hearts to use as a mask). Decided to die cut a sentiment and heat emboss with gold EP and for depth cut two and glued them together...there was a little heart with the die cut so gold embossed it too. To finish I attached a shiny sheer pink ribbon and bow and attached to a white square card.
I had a few try outs with this EF - the first with a very fine water mist on thin card and the large flat heart area did have a few bump, then I tried heat embossing the raised surface but the inks bled under the decorative outside into the heart, I tried inking the EF - what a mess - never give up, I'm really liking how this one turned out...... check out Gail and Jo's tips on the Let's Squash It blog.
I am playing along with