Monday 12 April 2021

Sending a Smile

This month at CAS Mix Up,  Linda is challenging us to use our patterned papers with Paper Piecing

  • I selected this daffodil stamp and three pieced of patterned paper to suit
  • Stamped the image on each in black and fussy cut the parts and attached the small pieces in place
  • On cream card I stamped the image again twice in grey and as it was too dark I shaded over it with a white Derwent Pastel pencil and lightly coloured the parts with pencils.  Added some depth to the image with coloured pencils
  • Then stamped and gold embossed the sentiment
  • Assembled all the elements on a mustard yellow card and added some white gel pen to the stamen.


I am playing along with CAS Mix Up April challenge - Paper Piecing ---my elements, stamping, paper piecing, heat embossing
Thanks for visiting  --   have a Wonderful Creative day,  cheers

Card Recipe 
Stamps:  Hero Arts -Daffodil Portrait, Chocolate Baroque - Amazing Birthday
Dies: 
Inks: Versamark, Versafine - black, smokey grey
Other:  gold embossing powder, coloured pencils, white gel pen, Derwent Pastel pencil - titanium white

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful Robyn! I love this layered design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea - your card is quite stunning. You are really putting me to shame Robyn. I have been trying to work on a water color card but keep goofing. I tell myself that every time I mess something up, I learn something. Oh when will I quit learning.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome paper piecing, Robyn! I love how you've added the subtle stamping behind the paper pieced flowers! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your design with the garden of daffodils. The papers you've used to piece the flowers and stems are just perfect! Great work Robyn! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing!....... beautifully CAS.
    I love how you've stamped the image to create the background, and your patterned papers are just perfect for those pretty daffodils. Thank you for playing along at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn