Thursday 24 June 2021

Stockings were hung by the Chimney with Care


Sometimes I like to create a little scene  and so today I have made a little mantle piece to hang my stocking
  • Stamped the Power Poppy stocking from the Poinsettia set with Bundled Sage DI, watercoloured it with Distress Inks and fussy cut it out
  • Using some brown card I cut strips and swipe Walnut stain DI to give a timber appearance and formed it up with foam sheet
  • Stamped the sentiment from Happy Little Stampers - Mixed Christmas Sentiments with Versamark and gold embossed it
  • The mantle was a bit bare so I die cut a candle from Sizzix Festive Things
  • The background then was a bit tricky and decided to go with light brown card and dry embossed it with Cuttlebug Diamonds in the Rough EF.

Thanks for visiting,    have a Wonderful Creative day,    cheers

6 comments:

  1. Super card, Robyn. I love all the details and how you created the shelf. Thanks so much for playing at Christmas Kickstart again, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty stocking, Robyn, and I love how you've "built" the mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep trying to leave a comment and my comments seem to disappear have way through typing - am I jinxed or what.
    I love you scene and I am wowed by your painting with distress inks. Doing some cleaning today as my daughter and two of her daughters will arrive later this evening.
    I need to practice with my no line water coloring - I have a long way to go!!
    Congratulations on your wonderful Christmas card!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully done!! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card and I love the mantle upon which you hung your stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Christmas scene with your stock and mantel. The candle is a nice touch! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn