Friday 23 July 2021

Two cards featuring Birds






I have quite a few bird stamps so the hardest part for this 
was to decide which bird to use.... finally I picked Stampabilities  House Mouse one - I Don't Do Bugs.


I made a Christmas card for the first one
  • Stamped the bird in Versafine Vintage Sepia on a scrap of white card, watercoloured it with Distress Inks and fussy cut it out without the legs -  I wanted the bird to stand upright
  • Used the same in to stamp the fence post masking off the bits I didn't want but included the legs, then watercoloured it too with DI
  • Use a snow slope mask I blended Stormy Sky DI for the sky
  • With the mask still in place I stamped the trees - Crafty Individuals set 257, using Rustic Wilderness DI, then blended some Weathered Wood DI for the shadows
  • Lastly I stamped the Kaisercraft sentiment (Christmas Mini set) and added a fine red card border

Second card is a Friendship card... and thought this sentiment (Kaisercraft - Friendship Sentiments) went really well with the whole image and as you can see I didn't use all of the stamp image
  • Stamped most of the image with Smokey Grey Versafine and watercoloured with Distress Inks and trimmed the panel to a square
  • Matted the panel with grey and then pink card onto a white square card
  • Stamped the sentiment in black Versafine and clear embossed, then die cut it with Spellbinder circle die and trimmed the bottom edge.



Thanks for visiting,  have a Wonderful Creative day,    cheers







9 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Robyn - love how you have used the stamp, including how altered the bird to standing in the Christmas card. Beautiful work
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Robyn, you got me on this one! I thought for sure you had used two different bird stamps and had to look really closely to see what you did...how creative!! Your coloring on both cards is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and both little scenes just couldn't be any prettier!! Lovely, lovely cards Robyn!! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge!! Hugs. Marcia (DT) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know where to start, Robyn! Suffice to say that I am in love with every element of BOTH of your sensational bird designs! That fence post is terrific and your scene-building skills are remarkable! Thank you for playing in TCC #40! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous birdie cards, Robyn! Especially love the Christmas card with the shaded snow slopes and tree!! I did my bird legs different on my two cards too - the set I used had separate dies for the legs and the bird body. Fun how one little thing makes such a difference. Anyway - great twofer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever use of this bird in changing his position, Robyn! So different in each! Love the wonderful winter scene in the first and the sweet friendship between the bird and mice in the second! Thanks for sharing these with us at The Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful creations Robyn... Love the little robin. Hope all is well... enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous birds Twofer, Robin. Great design on both of cards. The Christmas card is great with the bird in front of wonderful winter wonderland. And the friendship card is amazing with the bird giving feed to the mouses. Great coloring! Thank you for joining us at TCC #40. Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bird image, Robyn. You've made two beautiful cards with it! I LOVE the bright red against all that white space for your Christmas card. It's fantastic. And your second card is so fun and creative with the bird talking to his friends. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are getting ahead of me kid!! You know I love the mice -- they are so cute with birds. And I really am a huge bird watcher! As always, you have made some terrific cards!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn