Friday 21 January 2022

Happy Birthday

 Hello from hot blustery Queensland in Australia...

we've had strong winds for two days now and it's drying out my garden and blowing more leaves off the trees - don't want to venture outside except in the mornings when it's a tiny bit cooler and I need to water the pot plants.  How is it where you are?  I expect cold!!


Today I'm sharing a card for the Seize the Birthday challenge #230 - and I've used and embossing folder for my background.

  • Stamped and silver embossed the florals from STAMPlorations: Darling Dog Roses in the corners of the panel and watercoloured with Distress Inks: candied apple, mustard seed, spiced marmalade, shabby shutters, mown lawn...
  • Then I decided to fussy cut the inner edge and raise these pieces with foam sheet on the embossed background from Tim Holtz: Dot Matrix 
  • I attached these to a white card and finished with a die cut sentiment Creative Expressions: mini happy birthday, cut from silver mirror card

I am also adding my card to the Never Ending Anything Goes challenge at STAMPlorations

Thanks for stopping by my blog

Enjoy your day, Robyn

 


6 comments:

  1. Fussy cutting the edges of the florals looks so cool Robyn, love the embossed background too, lots of lovely texture. Thankyou too for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heat embossing AND an embossing folder!!! Yay! This is beautiful Robyn! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Seize the Birthday challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Robyn - it is hot and still here (N.Z.) Like you, I avoid going outside in the full sunshine if at all possible...
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Your embossed background is lovely and th0se embossed and colored flowers are gorgeous and look great the way you have positioned them in the corners. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about your creation especially your use of silver embossing!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn