Friday 18 March 2022

Happy Birthday

Firstly I must tell you we have had a reprieve from the heat with a few days of rain spilling 2 inches of rain and bring some cloudy overcast coooooler days, so everything including myself, is feeling refreshed.

So as promised I'm back with another card for the Let's Squash It! challenge #20 Emboss/Deboss  and this time I've used the same embossing folder


Recently a friend passed on some unwanted items and this EF was included...no name, but it lay on my desk and I just thought to see if I could run it through the Cuttlebug both corners with the EF flipped
  • Embossed/debossed the white card.... and seeing that some of the debossing was a bit flattened I took out my old embossing stylus and placed the card back in the EF and went over the flattened parts with the stylus 
  • Using Distress Oxide bundled sage I blended colour over the whole panel, so the top half highlighted the raised pattern and the bottom left it white, I also blended some DO mown lawn around the edge
  • Die cut some leaves and flowers from Sizzix Flunky Floral #2 set and added some colour with Distress Ink fossilised amber and spiced marmalade, to the flowers
  • Stamped and gold embossed the sentiment from Dark Room Door Happy Birthday set, on strip of black card
  • Attached all the elements to a white card and added the green leafy cutouts too



Thanks for stopping by my blog,   have a Wonderful Creative day, 

Cheers Robyn

5 comments:

  1. This is a perfect embossing folder for this technique, Robyn! Love this flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wht a wonderful creative way to use the embossing folder - I love the result, and your card is gorgeous, Robyn.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Robyn! And thanks for the tip about using a stylus! You'd think someone like me that has used those flat metal embossing plates with a lightbox would think of that! Just love your funky flowers too - so pretty against that background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! Love the debossed side of the embossing, Robyn. Those flowers pack a punch of colour ... and LOVE the texture! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This works so well, Robyn! I think partial EFs are perfect for this challenge. Love your card. Thanks for playing, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn