Saturday 11 March 2023

Embossing, Stenciling and Birds

 Afternoon and hope you are enjoying your Day.   I've been at my desk putting finishing touches to a few cards.   

Happy Little Stampers challenges resume this month and I have two cards featuring Birds



For my first card, I combined an embossed background with and stamped image...  I watercoloured the kingfishers (Stamploratins - Small Birds set) with Distress Inks and fussy cut them out.  To add interest to the background I used white core blue card and lightly sanded the water ripple and blended darker blue ink over the fish.  Finished with a stamped sentiment and attached the birds with foam tape. I am playing along with the HLS Watercolour Challenge + optional: Wings, I am also joining in the March challenge at Stamping Sensations -Anything stamped with option Wings and Tails




My second card is for the HLS March Stencil Challenge - Anything Goes, and features stamped birds on a stenciled background... I think this looks a bit like feathers. Used bird stamps from Stamplorations - Small Birds set, stamped in black, watercoloured with Distress Inks and fussy cut out.  I used Kaisercraft Stencil Arc and blended over Distress Oxide inks in yellow/orange colours.  Stamped the leafy branch with green ink and watercoloured too.  The black stamped sentiment is from Impression Obsession - Anytime Sentiment and the birds were added to finish the card.
Cheers Robyn

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful use of the that bird set of stamps Robyn - you have inspired me to get mine out again.. both cards are stunning, and the way you have used the embossing folder in the first card is stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really eye catching colour palette Robyn, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great backgrounds Robyn. I really like the clever background on both of them xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards, such great scenes! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combination of stamps and embossing folder, it looks wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fantastic bird cards, Robyn! Love them both and you've inspired me to get these stamps out of the NBUS box.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn