Wednesday 2 August 2023

July Card Chain Challenge Reveal

 

Here's my July Card Chain Challenge card that I sent off to Linda W in the USA.  I used circles, stitches and two colours from the palette. 


I remembered I had this scribbly circle die and thought to use them as flowers... die cut from 'pineapple' yellow card and with a little 'peach' ink blended on the centers.  Then I used another stitched die that you would use to create a horizon line and laid them at different angles to create the leaves and stems. Mounted them onto a PP background and added a stamped die cut sentiment (from Jillibean).


Theme Options: Fish / Circles / Friendship


Product / Technique Options: Buttons / Stitches




This is my latest crochet blanket... Mosaic in the Round by Beba Crochet



11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Robyn. Love how you used the themes and colours! Fabulous crochet blanket too. You are so talented! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative with the scribbly circles as flowers and especially the leaves/stems made with the stitched horizon die! A very cheerful-looking card Robyn, I’m sure Linda loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely did love this one, Robyn - thanks so much for the card and die cut bits!! Adore your bright squiggle circle flowers & the background is amazing - the perfect pp!! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background for those modern flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Robyn, and your innovative use of your dies!! That blanket is intriguing - I have down loaded the pattern, and intend to use it after finishing the one I am currently knitting.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing background and very beautiful card!!! And your crochet blanket is stunning!!!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever to use your stitched dies like that. I would never have worked that out. It looks brilliant. Love the flower dies too. They look stunning on that background. Lucky Linda to receive this beautify. Your crochet looks pretty spectacular too. That is something that I have never learnt. I did buy some hooks years ago thinking I would give it a go and guess what - they are still in their packet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun flowers you created Robyn! I have that die and have only used it once - you have given me inspiration of another way to use it! And your afghan is gorgeous! love the colors you used! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you've used these colors, Robyn! The scribbly circles make pretty flowers for a light and modern touch! Another beautiful afghan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blanket, Robyn! And what a super fun and whimsical card for the Card Chain! I love that you used some of your pp for the background and turned those circles into fabulous flowers! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Robyn. Love those doodle circle die cuts and the blanket is gorgeous. Hope everything is going well with you. HUGZ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn