Thursday 21 March 2024

Birthday Cards

Seems I'm in a purple mood today with two embossed cards ... really I'm rather tired as I spent a few hours in the garden this morning; repotting and deleafing mango leaves that just smother the plants.

But I have been truly inspired by Darnell's IDEAS prompt.. so I'm back again this week using more Embossing Folders 


My first card featured an embossed background (unknown), lightly smooched edges. A stitched die cut rectangle (cut from matt metallic perfume packaging) for a window effect, with die cut flowers (Sizzix - Wildflower Stems #1) watercoloured with Distress Inks and added some tiny purple micro beads.  Finished with a stamped sentiment... the photo doesn't show the sparkles.  I'm joining in the Seize the Birthday challenge #279 - Anything Goes.


For my second card I embossed a smooched background from my stash (Cuttlebug - Victoria) then swipped with Versamark and white embossing powder.  Stamped my sentiment (Inspired by Stamping - Aster set) on a die cut stitched rectangle and added a single stamped flower to finish.  I am playing along with Word Power challenge #3



Thanks for stopping by my blog
Have a Wonderful Day 
Cheers Robyn

4 comments:

  1. What lovely embossed cards. I really like the effect on the second one. I am glad you are boing inspired. Did you get my email about your CCC card? It arrived on 18th. That was quick xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are just BEAUTIFUL!! Don't forget about our embossing folder challenge blog called 'Can You Handle the Pressure' (link below). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our WORD POWER challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fun examples of beautiful embossed designs, Robyn! Thank you for playing with me! Pinning! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun dainty flowers - Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn