Thursday 11 April 2024

Three Die Cut Cards

 I've given the garden a miss this morning and so I could finish off a few cards for the second week of the month prompt "D" for Dies/Die Cuts...  from Darnell's inspiring IDEAS.

The first card is using a long die I got from a magazine found stash diving in my piles and having die cut it from green card and trimmed to suit..  and then I didn't like it... but coincidentally in my desk piles there was this pattern paper I'd used and it matched beautifully...  I then watercoloured the inner parts of the flowers with Distress Inks and finished with a triple layer die cut "Hello" - also in the die cut stash.



My second card pieces were also in that desk pile.. the large floral cover plate die - Sizzix - Bouquet, I found was tricky to use - but worked well over a pink marbly pattern paper I had.  Finished off with a painted dragonfly (already fussy cut in the stash) and a stamped gold embossed sentiment, on the same background paper.


The last card I left quite simple... the die is also from a magazine (Die Cutting Essentials) - Scenic Swallow which I trimmed to the omit the border and swallow... then used the little hearts from the flowers.  The marbly green pattern paper for the background is from calendar pages (also the pink above)


This is my April crocheted calendar page.... so you can see the lovely thick paper I'm using on my cards....I bought a few of these when they were marked down to $2.


Thanks for stopping by my blog
have a Wonderful Creative Weekend
Cheers Robyn

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, excellent card designs using your die-cuts, Robyn! Sorry I'm so late visiting, but I'm glad I didn't miss these inspiring ways to use my dies and my bits! Thanks for playing!📌Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn