Wednesday 3 April 2024

Birthday Cards

Hello and thanks for stopping by my blog...  it's April already!!

Week one IDEAS....  I = Inks/Colour Mediums...

I'm sharing two birthday cards today using Distress Inks to watercolour the images.  For the first card I chose a patterned paper background and coloured the die cut flowers (Sizzix - Wildflower Stems #1) to match.




For my second card I stamped the sunflower (Hero Arts) and leaves twice, coloured them and fussy cut them out.  I scored vertical lines on white card panel and layered it with green onto a yellow card - then finished the arrangement with a stamped gold embossed sentiment



I'm joining in the Seize the Birthday Challenge #280 - Spring Floral, with my sunflower card






I'm back with another card using the Group of Seven Cardmakers April technique - Cover Die Eclipse

Using some very detailed patterned paper and using a corner die from Sizzix Mixed Media set this time and added a pink card die cut layer to help show off the pattern...  maybe it's a bit too detailed but it looks ok in real life.  Finished off with a black die cut sentiment layered on white.



Have a wonderful day, cheers Robyn

6 comments:

  1. Oops. I didn't realize this was all one post. Your wildflowers are gorgeous with the white petals and beautifully painted centers, Robyn! The sunflowers are bright and cheerful and look beautiful against the scored lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely floral cards. Your Sunflowers are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful designs, Robyn! I love your coloring on your pretty flower die cut cards and a big WOW on your pp eclipse card! I think it's fabulous on my monitor, so I know it's incredible in real life! Thank you for playing with me! Pinning! And for joining Go7 again! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say I am very impressed with all the three cards - they are all for spring and they are all looking charming! Your sunflower card looks bright and cheerful - perfect for a spring birthday! Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful array of pretty floral birthday cards, Robyn!! Each one is so uniquely wonderful. Daisies and Sunflowers are the happiest flowers in the garden and always a great way to celebrate a birthday. Your gorgeous roses paper is so amazing and looks fabulous with the eclipse technique. Thanks for sharing with us at Group of Seven! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three beautiful floral bday cards Robyn - love how you colored the daisies on the first - I'm always looking for ways to color Tim's flowers! The sunflowers look so pretty over the scoring and I love the paper you used for your eclipse card - even though it's a busy pattern you can still see the subtle depth of the die cut - especially in person I think! thanks for sharing again with GO7! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn