Thursday 8 August 2024

A couple of different technique cards


Late with my card making this week as we have a visitor... but I have played around with some ink this morning for Darnell's IDEAS prompt - I = Ink/Colour Mediums.




Didn't have a clue where to start but after scrounging through 'you know that pile of experiments and half finished ideas' - I found this die cut leaf already splotty watercoloured... so I die cut another and used it to 'paint' smooched Distress Oxide ink onto my panel as a background..  with the idea in my head it ending up quite quick and simple, just finished with a stamped sentiment from a long unloved stamp.


My second card is using the technique for this months Group of Seven Cardmakers - Kaleidoscope 
I die cut a hexagon frame from maroon card to match the patterned paper that I cut into 1 cm strips and rearranged to fit the frame.  Attached to a grey square card and finished with a stamped sentiment.
I love this technique and the inspiration the group has shared so I'm hoping to get some actually stamping done when the visitor leaves.


Thanks for stopping by my blog

Have a Wonderful Day

Cheers Robyn

5 comments:

  1. What a cool way to get inky and add a ton of interest to a background for a simple die-cut , Robyn! And I love leaves, so this makes me happy! Thank you for playing with my inky I.D.E.A.S. this week 📌 and for playing with our Group of Seven Kaleidoscope technique with your pretty card! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pair of wonderful cards Robyn - I love that first one with the watercoloured die cut used as a 'stamp' for the background. The kaleidoscope one is beautifully coordinated with the colours you have used
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your printed background using die-cuts, Robyn. It looks like there is a field of leaves ... beautiful! And thanks so much for trying out the Kaleidoscope technique from Group of 7. A great way to use up lovely patterned paper! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely paper used for your kaleidoscope card inside the hexagon framing Robyn - wonderful colors and framings - thanks for sharing with us at G07! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fabulous cards, Robyn! I love your branch with the inky leaves in the background and wonderful sentiment! The patterned paper worked perfect for the kaleidoscope technique! Love that red!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn