Friday 24 August 2018

Two cards featuring Diamond Shapes


 Well again I'm joining in the fun at Darnell's Twofer Card Challenge #8 - Geometric.  So this month I decided to use a stamp featuring a Diamond shape pattern on a Birthday card and a Fathers' Day card.
 For my first card I stamped the diamond pattern with Versamark and heat embossed it with Pearl Gold EP.  Then I sponged Distress Inks over the stamping.  I stamped two sentiments on my card panel and to finish added my stamped and DI watercoloured 'dancer', fussy cut and mounted with foam tape.

For my second card I stamped the Diamond pattern in black and cut them out individually and  sponged on Distress Oxides to colour them.  I arranged them in a border on the edge of a Distress Inked panel, drawing a black marker line frame to connect them.  Then I stamped my tool box, used Distress Ink to watercolour it and rough fussy cut it out.  To finish I mounted the panel on a blue card and stamped on my sentiment.

Thanks for visiting and enjoy your weekend... 


5 comments:

  1. Two wonderful cards Robyn! So beautifully done! Have a wonderful day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great eye for design you have, Robyn! I love how you stamped your diamond as a beautiful embossed and sponged background for the happy dancer! It's a fantastic card of celebration! As for your Dad's Day card, WOW! What a lot of thought and work went into this design! It's incredible that you stamped, colored, and fussy cut all those diamonds and worked out how to use them as a colorful border, connected with a line! I'm impressed!! And I haven't even mentioned the beautiful background and the awesome toolbox! I'll bet you were holding your breath big-time when you stamped that sediment!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #8! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Two amazing designs with your diamond stamp Robyn! LOVE the pearl gold heat embossed rows of diamond sponged with soft colours. So pretty! Think I need to get some of the pearl gold embossing powder!! And your dancer is to pretty too ... great job fussy-cutting.

    Speaking of fussy-cutting, it much have taken you a while to cut out all those diamonds to create bright, beautiful border for your Father's day card. Outlining the diamonds in black really makes them pop even more off the soft background. Awesome tool box as well. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your diamond shapes are so pretty as a gold embossed background for your graceful dancer! And I also really adore the frame you created by coloring and fussy cutting them for your masculine card! Fantastic designs!
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn