Sunday 20 January 2019

Hello Sweet Friend


One of my New Years resolutions, was to try and use some of the background experiments I have in my stash and the last few days I am happy to say they have made it onto cards.  For this card I found a wax resist background with colours along the lines of the photo prompt at Fusion Card challenge where they are celebrating their 5th Anniversary - congratulations ladies.
I trimmed the panel to size to fit with the layout sketch and used DO to colour up a square (after I had stamped and white embossed my butterfly) and also a pink circle - on which I stamped my sentiment. Then to finish I attached all these two elements with foam tape and also a couple of die cut butterflies.
Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it - happy card making

5 comments:

  1. wonderful background Robyn, these come in handy sometimes when you need a little inspiration. Rummaging in your UFO stash is always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad this pretty background has made it onto a card, Robyn! And that heat embossed butterfly on the rich blue square is really eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wax resist background is so pretty, and I love your color palette, Robyn! Great job combining the sketch and inspiration photo, too...your butterflies are divine! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That technique is so cool and what a lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background using the wax paper technique, Robyn. The colours are so pretty, especially with the blue panel with white embossed butterfly. Great card, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn