Wednesday 10 July 2019

Two Cards Featuring Gardens

This month I am thrilled to be Guest Designer for Twofer Card Challenge #18
Thank you Darnell for hosting this terrific challenge, I love joining in each month and why not make two cards while you have the stamps out.  So I'm challenging you to 'have a go' as an Aussie would say and join in too, with this months theme - GARDEN.....and isn't that open for lots of interpretation....

So I've chosen a TROPICAL GARDEN as we live in tropical north Queensland
and my cards represent the lush greens and colours in my garden, that's one of my Hibiscus flowers in my blog header. 


My Twofer stamp is the Hibiscus flower.... and on my first card I stamped the image five times, coloured the flowers with watercolour pencils and fussy cut them out.  I also stamped some greenery and fussy cut them and also a tiny sparkly butterfly - iridescent blue like those we have here.
Next I die cut a stitched circle from a white panel and positioned a blues smooched background behind it and then attached these to a blue card.  To finish I arranged my flowers and stamped my sentiment on a scrap of smooched card and attached these with foam tape.



With my second card I randomly stamped and masked two different leaves and my Hibiscus flower on white card and also coloured the images with watercolour pencils. Then I lightly penciled in the blue background, added black card to give a fine frame onto a teal greencard. To finish I stamped my sentiment and used a circle die to cut around it and then a larger black circle and attached this with foam tape.


I am also playing along with the challenge at Double 'D' - Tropical.
Thanks for visiting, I  really appreciate it - happy card making

Winner's Badge

17 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! These are beautiful! I love your Aloha one! Great background, love your pretty Hibiscus flowers. Simply Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Tropical Challenge, Donna, DT Members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wozer! The best tropical card Ever. Can't take my eyes off of it. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Tropical" Challenge.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete

  3. BEAUTIFUL work here with all the gorgeousness of a tropical nature….and many thanks for joining in our 'TROPICAL' challenge. Thanks for your entry and good luck in the draw @ DOUBLE D
    {aNNie}Designer for Double D challenges
    [aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are masterful with those pencils, Robyn! You have captured the bold and luscious feeling of the tropics perfectly with your two designs! I love both of them! How amazing it must be to have hibiscus like this in your garden! Thank you so much for being one of the Guest Designers this month for Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Guest Design spot, Robyn! So well deserved! I love your bright, tropical garden! Beautiful hibiscus and greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy moley, what an amazing colorist you are. LOVE the vibrancy of your hibiscus...so warm and summery. Gorgeous twofer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your GD spot Robyn, your twofer cards are the epitome of tropical. The vibrant colors are gorgeous and your greenery adds a lush touch. Fabulous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your guest designer spot, 2 brilliant cards I love the detail and the vibrancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning hibiscus flowers, Robyn - just love your coloring!! Congrats on guest DT slot at Twofer!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING cards Robyn!! LOVE the bright, bold, and beautiful hibiscus flowers. Gorgeous colouring and fussy-cutting. Great design for your first card with the smooshed circle panel in the background. Your second card is awesome with the masked, stamped and watercoloured flowers and leaves. Great work on both card with your pencils! Wonderful cards for the Twofer challenge. Congrats on being Guest Designer this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lush and tropical, Robyn ... your colouring is fantastic ... so rich and vibrant! The dimension and depth you created on your Aloha card is fabulous ... and that little butterfly is a delicious touch! Your birthday card has me thinking I'm looking up at an exotic rainforest to the soft sky beyond ... so lovely! Thanks so much for inspiring our players as our Guest Designer at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your use of those watercolor pencils is incredible, Robyn! Both cards are really vibrant, and the images are just wonderful. Wish we could grow hibiscus year-round here...we dig them up and winter them indoors if we want to keep them. Love both of your lush cards, and thank you so much for being our Guest Designer at the Twofer Challenge. : ) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the Guest Spot Robyn. How perfect a time to have Garden as the theme for you this month enabling you to showcase your skills with colouring. I can imagine how lush your garden looks - can't get away from the tropics eh! I noticed your Ulysses Butterfly straight away. They look so beautiful as they fly by quickly in the garden. Have been lucky enough to see a few at our daughter's house in Cairns - also the butterfly outlet at Karanda. Both cards are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW both cards are just gorgeous! Congrats on being Guest Designer! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Tropical’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my! Your tropical Aussie garden must be spectacular if your gorgeous cards are any indication! Beautifully colored and designed. Love the stamps! We just got home from a week away and my garden exploded into color while we were gone, but it also needs some attention. Always so much catching up after a vacation. Robyn, I'm so glad you were able to guest design with us at Twofer this time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are just so pretty - love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your GD win! Your cards are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn