Thursday 18 July 2019

Two Garden Cards

Two cards... well actually three from me today for the "Garden" Twofer Card Challenge #18.  For these cards I use a very large wooden backed silhouette stamp... you know those ones that you're always worried that when you lift the stamp you'll find not all of the image is there.....you can see that in the third photo but this time I didn't mind as I had a plan




 For my first Garden card I sponged clouds with a stencil in Salty Ocean DO ink, then stamped the image in Antique Linen DI and using a paint brush watercoloured  over the stamping with Distress Inks....I lightly sponged SO ink over the flowers as it was too stark white.  I trimmed the panel and attached to a white card with my stamped sentiment which I fussy cut in the shape of a cloud.



My second card is a silhouette in black stamped over a DI smooched and sponged background - I touched up a few spots in black where the ink was a bit light - The panel was quite large so I cut it in half and trimmed it down, and framed it in bright peach onto a navy blue card and to finish stamped on my 'friend' sentiment.

So then I ended up making a "Threefer" as Darnell would say
Mounted this panel on black, then orange and onto a black card and finished off with a stamped sentiment on a background scrap.



Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it and hope you can find time to join in the Twofer Card challenge fun...


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration you are giving everyone for Twofer, Robyn, both as our Guest Designer this month and with these entries! They are all so gorgeous! And, yes, I see that great minds think alike, lol, however, I certainly don't have your skill with fixing images that don't stamp clearly! WOW - I'm amazed at how well you were able to paint in the missing part of your colored flowers! The same with the black ones, for that matter. Both of your silhouette designs are very striking on the pretty backgrounds! A terrific Threefer!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cards Robyn, love how different they look and well done on saving the stamping. I used to prefer SU wood mounts over clear but am regretting that now lol! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two more stunners here Robyn and two very different cards... I happen to love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very different looks with this stamp, Robyn! Your no-line watercoloring is amazing with those small details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful threefer, Robyn! I loved seeing how you painted your bright beautiful flowers on your first card. That background on your second and third card is amazing and perfect for the dark silhouettes! Thanks for being our guest at the Twofer Card Challenge, and thanks for playing again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A threefer as well as our Guest Designer, Robyn ... how fabulous! Your watercoloured garden is a delight ... I'm imagining those blooms drifting gently in the breeze against that summery sky! Love the drama of the black silhouettes against the smooshy backgrounds ... they really pop! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three of these cards are just great. I love the colours on the painted flowers and the background on the black stamped flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous garden cards Robyn! Love the silhouette with the beautiful sunset colours in the background. Bonus that you got two cards from that one stamping! Your other card is so bright and cheerful with those sweet clouds and bright flowers. A very happy card! Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn