Friday 3 April 2020

Happy Birthday


Grab our badge to display on your blog

Oh yes!!! I was so please to read that our dear friend Darnell has resurrected the NBUS challenge and has created a blog just for our Never-Before-Used-Schtuff cards.... thank  you Darnell.
NBUS challlenge #13......

This Protea die was one of those... oh yes I just have to have it and lucky for me on that day a couple of months back, the store had a 40% off sale... which makes it even better.
So I've used it for the first time on this card.  I die cut the flower and used Distress Oxide inks to blend colour over it using post-it note scraps to mask areas.... that was the easy bit.  Finding some matching card stock and deciding on a layout was the hard bit... eventually I chose these colours as the enhanced the colours in the flower.  To finish I stamped and white embossed the sentiment.


Thanks for stopping by my blog  ---  have a Happy Day and Stay Safe

Card Recipe 
Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Snowdrops (sentiment)
Dies: Kaisercraft - Protea, Spellbinders nesting circles
Inks: Versamark, Distress Oxides - Bundled sage, Peeled paint, Tattered rose, Worn lipstick
Other:  White embossing powder, patterned paper

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Robyn, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Aren't you so glad you used it now? You make such beautiful cards, Robyn. I'll be concentrating on this challenge, too. I have so much NBUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with those colors and I love that wonderful die you used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Robyn! I see how to color my die cut. Love the shading of the flower and your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You came up with a beautiful design, Robyn, and really gorgeous colors! This is a birthday card someone will cherish! Take care, be safe, and thank you for sharing at NBUS! (I love that you changed your blog header photo to this one!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robyn like you I was overjoyed to discover NBUS is revived... phew! said a collection of NBUS chez moi!
    Love your protea card well done!
    Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too, especially in these troubled times, may we look up in faith! Praying you’re all kept well too!
    Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x 😊

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful Robyn! Be safe and Happy Easter my friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Very pretty blending to bring out the perfect colors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn