Saturday 13 June 2020

Happy Birthday


This is the latest of my Moogly crochet squares... only one to catch up now.





Using the leftover of a  piece  I made recently with Drawing Inks on Photographic paper I decided to see how it would go as a background with this die cut


The die cut beautifully with a shim and rather than cut down the diecut I made a frame from white card and attached to a red card base... it makes a larger card.  Then to finish I stamped and white embossed the sentiment on black card and mounted it with foam tape.


This is the masterboard I made and the first card...


I am joining in with NBUS challenge #15.... using for the first time this intricate floral die.
Thanks for stopping by my blog ---   have a Happy Day and stay safe

Grab our badge to display on your blog.
Card Recipe
Stamps: Happy Little Stampers - Fun Birthday sentiments
Dies: Sizzix - Bouquet
Inks: Versamark
Other:white embossing poweder, Drawing Inks, photographic paper

7 comments:

  1. Love that crochet square - I went to Moogly and what a treasure trove of patterns, although I did not find a series of squares that you appear to be following. What will you use the finished squares for?
    Your card is stunning. Loving that vibrant panel and how you let the colours shine in all their brilliance behind the detailed die cut.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Maxine... I'm enjoying my crochet again and found the Moogly site where they put up a new free pattern every 2 weeks for the year and then you join them all up for a rug... link..
      https://www.mooglyblog.com/category/2014-afghan-cal/2020-moogly-cal/

      Delete
  2. this is beautiful, I love the vibrancy of the colour and it was a good decision to make the card bigger as the red border helps it pop xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This beautiful background is beautiful with this intricate die cut, Robyn! You got two beautiful cards from this board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a beautiful die-cut Robyn! Looks AMAZING over your colourful background. I love the contrast with the black sentiment banner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your background is sensational with the colors of the sunset, Robyn! You've created two brilliant cards with it! I'm so curious what "Drawing Ink" is? Can you email me more info? Thank you! Keep well and thank you, also, for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy crisp white coverplate over your fabulous background, Robyn!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn