Wednesday 13 January 2021

Two Cards featuring Flowers


Sharing today some garden flowers that are blooming at present... Beehive Ginger, and hanging baskets of begonias.
And it's time for the first 2021 Twofer Card Challenge of the year - #34 - Flowers .......  right up my alley
AND they're celebrating the fourth year of challenges  - well done Darnell and your design team



Today I've chosen to use a flower die on both my cards - birthday and get well cards

 

For my birthday card I die cut the flower on white card and used a brush to apply some Versamark to the petals and added peony scarlet Magical Micas with a light spray of water - I did the same to the flower centre using a tiny dots stamp and Versamark and gold Perfect Pearls.  I watercoloured the stem with Distress Ink.  Next I created the pink background - stamping Picked Raspberry DO using bubble wrap.  I die cut a stitched rectangle in matching pink card and used an oriental script stamp and Versamark with gold Perfect Pearls, the stamped and white embossed the sentiment.



For something different for my Get Well card I used a long slim design using three die cut flowers - tops only from an Alcohol Ink background and then the stems from a green AI piece.  I used the bubble wrap to add black ink to the flower centres and heat embossed with black EP.  Next I die cut the vase from vellum and added some detail with Iced Spruce DI....then stamped and gold embossed the sentiment and die cut the label shape to fit.  Lastly I assembled all the elements with foam tape on a cream dry embossed background.


I am also playing along with The Flower Challenge #52 - Heat or Dry Embossing --  I have used both heat and dry embossing on my Get Well card
I appreciate your visit and have a wonderful week with some creative time




     
 
Card  1 Recipe 
Stamps: Close to my heart - Joyful birthday occasions, Kaisercraft - Tiny dots and also Oriental Calligaphy
Dies: Sizzix - Wildflower stems #1, Poppy Crafts - stitched rounded corners rectangles
Inks: Versmark, Distresss Oxide - shabby shutters
Other  Magical Micas - peony scarlet, Perfect Pearls - gold, white embossing powder

Card  2 Recipe 
Stamps: Practical Publishing - All Occasion set
Dies: Sizzix - Wildflower stems #1, Practical Publishing - Build-a-Bouquet (vase)
Inks: Versmark, Versafine - black
Other  gold and black embossing powder, vellum, embossing folder -unknown, rounded corner punch


7 comments:

  1. Fab twofer, Robyn!! Just love the single blossom with the bubble wrap background and the pretty bouquet on card two!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've colored this die cut, Robyn! It's so pretty and feminine in pink and makes a beautiful birthday card! The red flowers are gorgeous! I love how you've put the bouquet in the clear vase! Two beautiful and different cards, my friend! Thanks for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Twofer cards in different looks! The artsy birthday card is so lovely in pink and the alcohol inked flower bouquet in the get well card is fabulous as well! Love all the details on your cards! Thank you so much for playing along at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards Robyn! Love the shimmer and shine of your first card with the mica powders. Makes the card extra-special. And your AI bouquet of flowers is gorgeous with the deep colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful flower card designs, Robyn, and I loved your real flower photos, too! I love the composition of your designs and all the fabulous details, colors, schparkle, and shine! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #34! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty designs, Robyn ... the softness of the pink single stem is lovely against the shimmery background ... and the glow from those vibrant blooms in the vase if just fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Bonnie amaze me - both of you know more techniques. I love the flowers but I am particularly interested in the vase. Will give it a go. Thanks for sending me the link.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn