Saturday 19 February 2022

Faux Cloisonné Technique using Embossing Folder

 Time to join in the fun at

 CAS Mix Up with a technique challenge....  Faux Cloisonné

and so I've had a think and decided to use an embossing folder and heat embossing to create the gold outline and then 'enamel' the colours using Twinkling H2Os... and I'm very happy with the result.

My sample try out using part of an embossing folder from Simply Cards & Papercraft :  Tranquil Tulips.  I could only get a strip of embossed black card - I very rarely use black, with the gold embossing it looks great and the shiny H2Os painted in really easily creating I think the Faux Cloisonné effect nicely



My first card I used pale gold metallic card to frame the enamel strip and stamped and gold embossed the sentiment from the same Tranquil Tulips set



For the second card I used pale green metallic card as a frame for the enamel strip and stamped and gold embossed a different sentiment from the same Tranquil Tulips set.


I've enjoyed this technique using an embossing folder, heat embossing and watercolours and have played some more... so I'll be back
Thanks for stopping by my blog... have a wonderful weekend,
Cheers Robyn


11 comments:

  1. Robyn these are stunning - a real delight to behold, and amazing work with the embossing folder.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use the embossing folder for this fun technique. Your cards are stunning and really have that WOW factor Robyn x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is stunning Robyn. What a fabulous result and it really pops against the black. HUgz

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both turned out GORGEOUS Robyn!! I can see why you were so pleased with the way they turned out...the gold and the Twinkling H2O's against the black make these cards STUNNING!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING cards Robyn! You have taken the Faux Cloisonne technique and made it your own by using an embossing folder. So creative and clever. These are the most amazing cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just fantastic, I love it. What a clever idea. I think I have that embossing folder too, so I just might give it a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally delightful cards Robyn, and I love your creative process. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG...Loving your Stunning Faux Cloisonne technique using your EB Folder and H2O's on Black cardstock, Robyn. So elegant and how wonderful to get 2 CAS card designs using your technique. TFS and so pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The day after oral surgery and I was not with the ball game -- just seeing these cards for the first time. I sure do love the colors on the black. The Twinkling H2Os certainly came out a lot brighter than I thought they would!
    Now let me go and see what else I might have missed!
    Sandy xx+

    ReplyDelete
  10. Using the embossing folder to create the outline has given your cloisonne cells so much dimension, fab idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your win! I am not one bit surprised. How in the world do you emboss using an embossing folder? Do you ink up the folder with Versamark Inquiring minds want to know!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn