Sunday 20 February 2022

Just Becasue.....

 It seems that my card making is always left to the second half of the month and that my Crochet projects are filling a lot of my time....  but I'm here today with a card for the 

Let's Squash It!  challenge #17 - Grasshopper Green and include an insect with your Embossing Folder.


  • First I dug out the Darice Brick EF and used Distress Oxide in Gathered Twigs and Bundled Sage blended over the panel
  • Stamped the Gecko from Print Blocks with Versamark and heat set Sizzix Fir Tree (green) embossing powder on black card,  then fussy cut it out
  • Found a mini spider stamp and a tiny ants stamp and stamped these with black Versafine 
  • Coloured up some die cut foliage from my stash with Distress Inks and attached to the brick wall.
  • Lastly stamped the mini sentiment in Versafine black from Close to My Heart Typed Note set  ..  and attached the gecko with foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by my blog,
have a wonderful weekend
cheers Robyn


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card - love the ants and spiders flirting with death near the gecko!! Awesome background with the inked, embossed brick wall Robyn.
    That piece of crochet looks beautiful too!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Robyn, this is just brilliant! That gecko is a beaut and I love that his dinner is walking by. Great card! Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plead guilty! I am not big on lizards and bugs and we sure do have our fair share of both here in Florida. I did enjoy seeing what must be your latest crochet project - looks pretty!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ants for starter and main course of spider? Great card Robyn, you must have the patience of a saint to cut out round those gecko toes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn