Monday 21 February 2022

Happy Birthday

For my first floral card I chose to use black card again as it really shows off the Faux Cloisonné technique 
  • Stamped the flowers from Flourishes: Winter Blossom set, inked with Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder
  • Used Twinkling H2Os to watercolour the Faux Cloisonné and give lots of shine
  • Used a large circle die and gold gel pen to trace a circle round the image and added gold EP and heat embossed it
  • Then remembered I had Papier Glass Finish gloss and painted this onto the dry flowers and let this dry thoroughly --- so shiny now
  • Stamped the sentiment from Darkroom Door: Happy Birthday set, gold embossed, trimmed the black card and gold embossed the edges too
  • Attached the panel to a matching cherry red card and mounted the sentiment strip with foam tape. 

My second card is also using the Faux Cloisonné technique... and as one does sometimes - likes the overall panel and can't bear to cut it up


  • I created the background panel using photographic paper and Distress Oxides - tattered rose, mustard seed, fossilised amber, speckled egg - smooched the colours and then wiped over the panel with damp baby wipe
  • Stamped and gold embossed the small flower stamp randomly over this - Simply Cards & Papercraft: Cottage Garden set
  • Then watercoloured the Faux Cloisonné effect with Twinkling H2Os -   love how this turned out
  • Trimmed the panel to fit inside the die cut frame - from Simply Cards & Papercraft: Stained Glass Noel set .... then trimmed light blue card to fit behind the whole frame and attached to a white square card
  • Die cut the Birthday sentiment from Curly Sue in maroon metallic card, and also again twice in card to layer and give depth to the word when attached to the card
  • Stamped and gold embossed the small sentiment from Altenew: Wishing You set, trimmed the white card and attached with foam tape

I am using my first card to play along with the February CAS Mix Up challenge - Faux Cloisonné   ....  and with my second card I will join the All Occasions challenge at The Flower Challenge #65.
Thanks for stopping by my blog, have a wonderful creative week,     Cheers Robyn

EDIT .....   then moments later I was inspired to use some pieces I had stamped and gold embossed on shiny magazine pages.  The flowers are from Altenew: Focus on You and the jar from Simply Cards & Papercraft: Build a Bouquet.  I added Twinkling H2Os to the flowers and used a gold gel pen and gold EP to add some effect to the jar. 





11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh ... three amazing cards Faux Cloisonne cards, Robyn! LOVE the twinking H2O's on black paper with gold embossing. So gorgeous the way everything shines. Your second card is AMAZING! LOVE it with the pretty smooshed background and then your faux cloisonne flowers over top. A WOW! card! And what a lovely bonus with your bouqeut of flowers in the mason jar. Especially love the ocean scene on the vase ... it's fantastic! Thanks again for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! It looks as though you really enjoyed playing with this technique!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! OMG! OMG! I don't think I have ever seen more beautiful cards. Robyn you have definitely hit the jack pot with these cards. The first one is my favorite. What more can I say - you sure do know your stuff and can prove it too!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still looking and reading and looking again. I really don't know how you did that circle with the gold gel pen -- if I tried that the gold marks would be all over the place. I don't know what Papier Glass Finish is. I was paying so much attention to the first card that I neglected the second card. Now I am studying it and absolutely love that background then the embossing on top of it.
    Robyn I seem to love everything you do!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three more fantastic cards. All are stunning, it is so nice to see that this months challenge at CAS Mix up has inspired you so successfully xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards here Robyn, love them all! Thanks for sharing one with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have certainly embraced this technique and perfected it, Robyn! Love the bright twinkling H2O flowers on the black base! It's so dramatic and elegant! The second piece with the Baby Wipe wipe off DOX is amazing! A perfect stamp to go with the beautiful background! Finally your magazine cloisonné flowers and jar vase is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Robyn you have certainly embraced the Faux Cloisonné technique, I love all of your cards and that you used different technique's to achieve them. Thank you so much for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG...Three more Stunning Faux Cloisonne cards using your technique! TFS your 1st card with us at CAS Mix Up. Your Faux Cloisonne floral arrangement is stunning on black cardstock and your H2O is gorgeous. Your 2nd card using a smooshed watercolor background for your Gorgeous stamped Faux Cloisonne pretty little flowers and framing is a real beauty too. Then sharing your 3rd Faux Cloisonne stamped and heat embossed and watercolored flowers in a vase was a real treat for all of us...Wow!!! You obviously fell in love with this beautiful technique and took it all to another level:-) TFS all your Gorgeous cards and your detailed descriptions, Robyn. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, and wow again for each of the cards - these are all stunning Robyn. I have yet to try this technique, but you have inspired me!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to try this technique so bad but I'm away from my craft room and don't have embossing powders with me. Your cards are all so beautiful, Robyn, and each unique in the way you used the technique. Thanks for sharing one of them with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! WOW! WOW! These look amazing! Each one is a beautiful piece of artwork. You've certainly nailed this months challenge. Thank you for playing along at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn