Thursday 5 September 2024

Happy September

Hello and welcome to the first week of a new month 

I'm late this week making cards as I've been crocheting while watching the US Tennis Open where a few Aussies have competed amazingly... and then after that we've had the Paralympics - always astounded by the determination and achievements of these athletes.





My first card is for the new inspiration at

the Group of Seven Cardmakers who have inspired us with this month - to work with Vellum

I've cheated a little by using vellum which already has a design on it, but then I've stamped and embossed the sentiment.... I've a new embossing ink pad and the white embossing isn't the best.

And as it's a new week I have Darnell's IDEAS prompt to inspire me -  

First week - Using Ink/ Colour mediums

 so here's my second card which is nearly monochromatic -  I opted to ink up the floral stamp with blue Distress Ink and the detail doesn't need for me to do any more.... just stamped and silver embossed the sentiment ... I thought it needed a lift so framed it with orange layer onto a blue panel.

and while I was searching through my long forgotten stamps I chose to stamp this image and used coloured pencils to colour it and framed it onto a large red card.


Thanks for stopping by my blog, have a Wonderful Day, Cheers Robyn

1 comment:

  1. Three awesome cards Robyn. Your patterned vellum is so pretty all on it's own. Great way to make a quick card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Group of Seven. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn