Wednesday 12 April 2023

Three Floral Birthday Cards

I really enjoy making cards but sometimes find I'm doing the stamping and colouring and then the panels sit on my desk.....  for ages.  So today I've finished off three cards --

For my first card I am using the sketch suggestion for the challenge at Just Add Ink #647.

Using my stamping platform to hold the lovely Penny Black stamp  - Spontaneous Joy... in place made it easy to create a card with repeated inkings in different coloured Distress Inks ... a light spray of water helps blend the wet ink on the stamps. I stamped an extra flower and fussy cut it out and attached to added some more dimension.  Finished the card with a stamped white embossed sentiment. 

.

I enjoyed making my first card, so I made a second using red Distress Inks and the same process of inking and finished it with a stamped and silver embossed sentiment (Kaisercraft - Birthday Wishes).  I am joining the challenge at Stamping Sensations April Challenge - Anything Stamped.



I used this lovely sunflower stencil from The Crafters Workshop - Mini Joyful Sunflower and blended colours of Distress Inks then placed the die cut panel onto green card in an opening cut into a square kraft card.  Finished with a stamped gold embossed sentiment (Close to my Heart - Joyful Birthday Occasions) and a die cut bee.


Thanks for stopping by my blog --  have a Wonderful Day,   Cheers Robyn

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Robyn - I love the yellow/orange poppies - the layered blossom really makes that card stunning.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floral cards are so versatile, aren't they? Yours are just lovely. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, joyful flowers in both colors, Robyn! And the sunflower is so pretty! This fun bee thinks so too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three real stunners Robyn and I am particularly drawn to the Poppies, a fav PB stamp of mine, thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations April challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three cards are beautifully created!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three cards are wonderful Robyn! I can't understand why I don't get your cards in my email box. Has anyone else had this problem. Is there anyway you can get that "subscribe to my blog - email thingy" on your blog?
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn